Chapter 92 Moving ;第九十二章 遷居
I’m pulling up stakes. ;我要搬家了。
Why can’t we just move away from here? ;我們干嘛不干脆 遷離此地。
I don’t want to leave our native soil and take up residence in a foreign country. ;我不愿背井離鄉, 移民到國外定居。
He changed his residence. ;他換了住所。
Where do you live? ;你住在哪里?
What street do they live on? ;他們住在哪一條街呢?
I was born and raised here. I’m quite a stranger here. ;我在這里出生長大。 我對這兒很陌生。
I feel like a fish out of water here. ;我好像離水之魚。
Chapter 93 Immigration ;第九十三章 移民
Every ship brings rats along with regular cargo. ;每一批移民里, 都會摻雜幾名壞分子。
He’s a stowaway. ;他是偷渡者。
Chapter 94 Renting & Eviction ;第九十四章 租房與逐客
They’re kicking me out on the street. ;他們在逼我搬出去。
Finding an apartment in this town is murder. ;想在這個鎮上租到 公寓十分困難。
Chapter 95 Housekeeping ;第九十五章 家事整理
Put everything away. ;把每樣東西都歸回原位。
It’s clean as a whistle in here. ;這里一塵不染。
Her house is spotless. ;她的房子整理的 窗明幾凈。
Pick up this mess. ;收拾一下這狼籍的場面。
The house is such a mess.Please ask him to wait until I tidy up. ;屋子里頭一團糟, 請跟他說等我收拾 一下再進來。
I keep everything organized. ;我每樣東西都保持 得井井有條。
You would like my mother.She has a neat streak like you do. ;你會喜歡我母親, 她和你一樣有潔癖。
He’s a compulsive cleaner. Give it the white glove test. ;他有強烈的潔癖。去 查查看弄干凈了沒有。
This shirt is soiled. ;這件襯衫臟了。
He clutters up his dorm with too much junk. ;他的宿舍里, 垃圾堆積如山。
He’s such a pack rat. ;他太舍不得拋棄雜物。
That pile of trash is an eyesore. ;那堆垃圾是礙眼之物。
That room looks like a pigsty. ;這房間活像個豬圈。
I’m doing the spring cleaning. Dust off the counter. ;我在做春季大掃除。 把柜臺上的灰塵撣 一下。
Don’t muck up the floor. Wipe your feet when you come in. ;不要弄得泥濘滿地。 進門時,先把你的鞋 子在墊上刮干凈。
I’ll hose down the car and clean it up. ;我用水管把 車子清洗一下。
Using a little muscle when you’re cleaning the stove. ;你清理爐臺時, 加把勁兒。
Put some elbow grease into washing those tires. ;加把手勁兒洗那些輪胎。
A woman’s work is never done. ;女人家永遠有做 不完的工作。
Cleaning the bathtub is a backbreaking chore for me. ;清洗澡盆,對我而言 是種腰酸背痛的苦差 事。
These stains just won’t come out. ;這些斑點怎么都洗不掉。
Chapter 96 Plants & Gardening ;第九十六章 植物與園藝
The forest is teeming with life. ;樹林里充滿了生機。
The park is blooming with pretty flowers. ;公園里盛開著 美麗的花朵。
Please sprinkle some water on those plants. ;請替那些植物澆些水。
Let’s get rid of these weeds once and for all. ;咱們來清除這些雜草。
It’s time for you to trim the hedges and weed the garden. ;又到了你修剪樹籬笆和 清除花園雜草的時候了。
Chapter 97 Garbage & Recycling ;第九十七章 垃圾與回收
Don’t be a litterbug! ;不要當亂拋 廢物的垃圾蟲。
This is not a dumpsite for your trash. ;這不是你傾倒 廢物的垃圾場。
Pick up your trash. Don’t throw your cigarette butts around. ;把你丟的垃圾撿起來. 不要亂丟煙蒂。
Get rid of that junk. Empty the ashtray. ;把那個廢物去除掉。 把煙灰缸去清倒一下
I’ll take out the garbage. People create garbage. ;我把垃圾拿到外頭去。 人們制造垃圾。
Garbage is a necessary evil. ;垃圾令人討厭, 卻又無可避免。
The problem of illegal waste dumping has mushroomed in the last decade. ;非法傾倒垃圾的問題,在 最近十年來如雨后春筍。
There’s money in garbage. ;垃圾里頭有錢可賺。
One man’s junk is another man’t treasure. ;某甲之廢物, 也許是某已之珍寶。
Chapter 98 Air Pollution ;第九十八章 空氣污染
The air in this mill stings the eyes. ;這加工廠里的 空氣會刺激眼睛。
This thin cotton mask is no protection against poisonous fumes. ;這薄棉花口罩, 哪能保護你免于 吸入毒氣?
We should stop contaminating the air. ;實在不該污染空氣。
It’s stuffy in here. It’s heavy in here. ;這兒悶得很。 這里的氣氛很凝重。
The fresh air feels marvelous. ;清新的空氣, 使人心曠神怡。
Chapter 99 Driving ;第九十九章 駕車
I do lot of city driving. ;我常在城里開車。
It’s hard to maneuver here. ;車子在這兒很難調頭。
Put a quarter in the meter.I don’t want to get a ticket. ;放一個25分輔幣到計 時收費器里,我不想 吃罰單。
Please validate my parking ticket. ;請在我的停車單上 加蓋免費圖章。
He swerved to avoid hitting a dog. ;他緊急閃避, 以免撞到一只狗。
I don’t like sitting in the front passenger seat. ;我不喜歡坐在右前座。
I don’t know how to drive a stick. ;我不懂得開手 排擋的車子。
I can’t put it in gear. Let’s give it a spin. ;我的排檔吃不進去。 咱們去兜一圈。
Let’s go for a ride. Keep the mortor running.I’ll be right back. ;咱們去兜兜風。 別讓引擎熄火, 我馬上回來。
Buckle up! Let’s go! Let’s roll! ;把安全帶扣上。 走吧! 我們開車吧!
Punch it! Can’t this thing go any faster? ;快走! 這部車子不能再 開塊點兒嗎?
Those two guys are always drag racing at the stoplights. ;這兩人經常在紅綠燈 十字路口賽車。
This guy drive with a lead foot. ;這家伙好開快車。
He’s so reckless, he’s driving like a kamikaze pilot. ;他胡亂駕車,像神風特工 隊的自殺飛行員。
Where did you get your license? ;你的駕照是哪兒買來的?
We’ve been driving for an hour.Let’s take a pit stop. ;我們已經開了好你 個小時,到休息站 停留一下吧。
Chapter 100 Driving Advice ;第一百章 駕車之忠告
Watch the road. Don’t keep on nodding off. ;當心開車, 不要老打瞌睡。
I can drive a car in my sleep. ;我就是睡著了也能開車。
It’s drizzling out and the roads are slippery. ;外邊兒正下著毛毛雨, 路面滑溜得很。
This is a bumpy road. Watch those bumps. ;這條路高低不平。 當心那些聳起的路面。
Don’t use high beams when you drive in thick fog. ;在濃霧中駕駛, 不可使用遠光燈。
The oncoming high beams are blinding my eyes. ;迎面而來的汽車遠光燈, 把我的眼睛照花了。
Keep your hands on the wheel! ;把你的手放在駕駛盤上!
Turn your wheel to the left nice and easy. ;輕巧的把你的方向 盤轉向左邊。
A:Slow down! B:Any slower and we’ll be walking. ;A:開慢點兒! B:在慢點兒, 就像老太婆在散步了。
I’ll keep my speed down. I can’t stand back-seat drivers. ;我會慢慢開。 我受不了有人在 后座指揮我開車。
Chapter 101 Purchasing a Car ;第一百零一章 購車
I’m a car freak. This car is a babe magnet. ;我是愛車狂。 這款車子很吸引女性。
The car is well tuned. ;這部車子順的很。
This car comes with all the bells and whistles. ;這部車子裝上了所有 豪華的部件。
This car is loaded with many new features. ;這部車子裝置了 許多新功能。
The car is in mint condition. ;這部車子狀況極佳。
It’s a brand new car I have to break it in slowly. ;這部新車我們得開慢 點兒,以度過初級階段。
He drives around in a beat-up old car. ;他開這一部破舊 的車子到處跑。
I have a special passion for that jalopy. ;我對那部老爺車 有種特殊的感情。
A:Why don’t you sell this pile of trash? ;A:干嘛你不把這堆廢 鐵給賣了?
B:I would,but who’d want it? ;B:我想賣啊, 但有誰買呢?
A:Why don’t you sell this bucket of bolts? ;A:你何不把這部破車子 賣掉呢?
B:I would,but nobody would buy it. ;B:我要賣啊,但沒人買。
If you’re looking for trouble,go buy a used car. ;如果你要自找麻煩的話, 去買一部二手車吧。
You’re selling me a lemon. ;你想賣給我一部中 看不中用的車子。
It’s a trouble-prone car. ;這是一部毛病百出 的車子。
Chapter 102 Gas Station ;第一百零二章 加油站
Before we hit the road,we’d better gas up. ;上路之前,我們最好先 把油箱加滿。
Make sure we don’t run out of gas. ;要確實弄清楚我們 不會半途耗光汽油。
Oh,no,we ran out of gas! ;啊,不好, 我們的汽油燒光了。
A:What’ll it be? B:Super.Fill. ;A:要加什么? B:加滿高級汽油。
B:Five dollars worth of regular. ;B:加5塊錢普通汽油。
B:Fill her up with unleaded premium. ;B:加滿無鉛高級汽油。
A:Would you like me to check your oil? ;A:要查一下機油嗎?
B:Go right ahead. B:No,thanks. ;B:你查吧。 B:不用了,謝謝你。
I Prefer full service to self-service gas stations. ;我比較喜歡全面 服務的加油站。
This old car is a gas-guzzler. ;這輛老爺車耗油很兇。
Chapter 103 Car Trouble & Repairs ;第一百零三章 汽車毛病及修理
Does that truck run? ;那部卡車開得動嗎?
I hear a pinging sound when I accelerate. ;我每次踏油門時, 都聽到進排氣閥 啦啦作響。
There’s a growl in my engine.Think you can fix it? ;我的引擎很怪聲, 你會修嗎?
The car keeps tilting to the left. ;這部車子老是偏向左邊,
I’d like to get a front wheel alignment. ;我想做前輪定位。